Originally published 07/13/2017
Brian F. Carso
But for all its hyperbole and incendiary color, talk of treason is primarily a rhetorical shorthand that conjures deep-seated feelings of loyalty, national identity, and trust.
Originally published 04/26/2017
It’s for Valiant Ambition, his story about the complex relationship between George Washington and Benedict Arnold.
Originally published 04/21/2016
In an interview he says we haven’t seen events from Arnold’s perspective.
- Robert Dallek: “The fish rots from the head”
- It’s Been 3 Decades Since There Were So Few Jobs for History Ph.D.s
- Former Berkeley Chancellor Nicholas Dirks returns to campus as a member of the history department
- Conservatives attack Garry Wills’s book on the Quran
- The Scholars Behind the Quest for Reparations