“We’ve been doing this kind of thing since the C.I.A. was created in 1947,” said Mr. Johnson, the dean of American intelligence scholars, who began his career in the 1970s investigating the C.I.A. as a staff member of the Senate’s Church Committee.
SOURCE: The Conversation
by Eric Lohr
Americans are shocked Russia meddled in our election. But there's centuries of precedent – and, at times, it’s been the U.S. meddling.
What the Bush v. Gore studies showed
Here's a historical reminder that persistence sometimes pays.
- WBUR Is Belatedly Giving Credit to a Female Historian for a Segment
- Behind the men on the moon, there were thousands of women
- Professor Rebecca Gordon Pens Essay Revealing Her Abortion and Examines Ongoing History of Roe v. Wade
- Podcast Discusses History of the CIA
- Watching 'Chernobyl': How Important Are Visuals for Understanding History?