by Ed Simon
The House Un-American Activities Committee and the real intent of Trump's "free speech" executive order.
SOURCE: Sandbox (blog)
by Martin Kramer
"Trump’s limited executive order doesn’t resemble the sweeping Jewish ban that changed the career of Bernard Lewis.”
by Bob Buzzanco
Not since I had to remember and recite “The New Colossus” in elementary school have I seen so many references to Emma Lazarus’s poem on the Statue of Liberty as in the past week.
SOURCE: Informed Comment
by Juan Cole
On the similarities between the Trump / Bannon inaugural speech and Fascist ideology.
by David J. Bier
Congress long ago outlawed discrimination based on national origin.
The petition criticizes the executive order restricting immigration from select Muslim countries.
by Benjamin Hellwege
Older Americans are facing rampant job discrimination. The law enacted in 1967 to protect them has been weakened by the Supreme Court. Congress won’t act. Obama should.
- Top Ten differences between the Iraq War and Trump’s Proposed Iran War
- Woodrow Wilson Foundation Releases Findings on Why Americans Don't Know History
- How will Obama be remembered? A massive new oral history project will help shape his legacy.
- 30 Years Later, Making Sense Of The MOVE Bombing
- They Resisted Hitler. They Were Executed. At Last, They Lie at Rest.
- Historians Argue That The History Major Won’t Go the Way of the Dodo
- Tenure, Twitter and Taking Her Board to Task
- The new Statue of Liberty Museum is a quiet paean to America’s embrace of immigrants—but what is there to celebrate?
- McCullough’s new book on pioneers’ history draws criticism
- What to Do With Richmond’s Confederate Statues