Originally published 04/03/2017
Trump has a style that seems like no style to the “proper” viewer, the “politically correct.” But it's familiar to evangelicals.
Originally published 03/20/2017
"But I’m worried about the Christian populace at large listening all the time to their media go-to and never being concerned about folks who are trying to see things more broadly."
Originally published 02/02/2017
Barton claims the Declaration of Independence is based on Bible verses.
Originally published 01/30/2017
In Many Ways but Two, Donald Trump Is No Different from Other Presidents Who Were Indifferent to Religion
One is how he’s treated women. Two, is that evangelicals haven’t seemed to care.
Originally published 11/30/2016
They didn’t hold their nose and vote for Trump. They voted enthusiastically. Here’s why.
Originally published 07/28/2016
Thomas S. Kidd
Early evangelical leaders such as George Whitefield and Jonathan Edwards would be utterly perplexed by the way we use the word “evangelical.”
Originally published 11/15/2006
The Ted Haggard scandal gave grassroots evangelicals something to ponder as they entered the voting booth on Tuesday, and it will have reverberations for evangelicalism and for the Religious Right far beyond the mid-term elections.
- What Robert E. Lee Wrote to The Times About Slavery in 1858
- ICC orders Mali extremist to pay $3.2 million in reparations
- Political Rage Over Statues? Old News in the Old World
- Deadly U.S. Embassy Bombing in Kenya Was ‘Avoidable,’ According to Scorching New Memoir
- There are certain moments in US history when Confederate monuments go up
- Eric Foner says in an interview that it’s not necessary to remove Confederate statues
- Philip Zelikow says the government should crack down on armed groups of militants
- Conservatives complain that a "Pro-gay U.S. embassy features ‘art’ by anti-Trump professor”
- N. D. B. Connolly says Charlottesville showed that liberalism can’t defeat white supremacy
- Historian William I. Hitchcock schools policymakers: Ike never threatened to use nukes in North Korea