Originally published 04/03/2017
Trump has a style that seems like no style to the “proper” viewer, the “politically correct.” But it's familiar to evangelicals.
Originally published 03/20/2017
"But I’m worried about the Christian populace at large listening all the time to their media go-to and never being concerned about folks who are trying to see things more broadly."
Originally published 02/02/2017
Barton claims the Declaration of Independence is based on Bible verses.
Originally published 01/30/2017
In Many Ways but Two, Donald Trump Is No Different from Other Presidents Who Were Indifferent to Religion
One is how he’s treated women. Two, is that evangelicals haven’t seemed to care.
Originally published 11/30/2016
They didn’t hold their nose and vote for Trump. They voted enthusiastically. Here’s why.
Originally published 07/28/2016
Thomas S. Kidd
Early evangelical leaders such as George Whitefield and Jonathan Edwards would be utterly perplexed by the way we use the word “evangelical.”
Originally published 11/15/2006
The Ted Haggard scandal gave grassroots evangelicals something to ponder as they entered the voting booth on Tuesday, and it will have reverberations for evangelicalism and for the Religious Right far beyond the mid-term elections.
- Fake News and Fervent Nationalism Got a Senator Tarred as a Traitor During WWI
- Debunking Viral Story, Art Historian Says ‘Allah’ Does Not Appear on Ancient Viking Garment
- Will Trump Be Remembered as the Worst President in History? Almost Half Think So
- Thank This Man For Your Last-Minute Halloween Costume
- Letters from young Obama show a man trying to find his way
- Thomas Childers says we’ve got the Nazis wrong in 5 different ways
- National security expert Tom Nichols: “Hey, I’m unstable” is a bad look for the president
- Fake news? It’s nothing new, says Trinity College Dublin historian
- Historian discovers early Reformation writings “hiding in plain sight”
- Victor Davis Hanson says we shouldn’t be rushing to war with North Korea