Originally published 07/19/2017
What the Trump Presidency Reveals About American Christianity and Evangelicalism: An Interview with John Fea
An interview with historian John Fea.
Originally published 10/08/2015
Robert Wuthnow (Interview)
It was in 1976 when pollsters suddenly discovered the evangelical vote.
Originally published 05/15/2015
Christian Fundamentalism Started As a Capitalist Ad Campaign
Originally published 11/15/2014
Matthew Avery Sutton
Convinced that time’s running out, evangelicals intend to shake the world. They seek instant redemption, immediate transformation.
Originally published 05/28/2014
Steven P. Miller
"In manifold ways, evangelicalism shaped the course of recent American history. Maybe we were all evangelicals, then."
- Toronto Holocaust historian uncovers brilliant ploy that spared lives of Jews
- Max Boot says what we need to do in Afghanistan is what no one wants to admit and that's nation-building
- Niall Ferguson chastises Trump’s comments on Cville but says the left’s open to criticism, too
- Male Historians Have Long Dominated Public Debates. Is Charlottesville a Turning Point?
- Kevin Levin says he’s changed his mind about Confederate statues