Originally published 07/19/2017
What the Trump Presidency Reveals About American Christianity and Evangelicalism: An Interview with John Fea
An interview with historian John Fea.
Originally published 10/08/2015
Robert Wuthnow (Interview)
It was in 1976 when pollsters suddenly discovered the evangelical vote.
Originally published 05/15/2015
Christian Fundamentalism Started As a Capitalist Ad Campaign
Originally published 11/15/2014
Matthew Avery Sutton
Convinced that time’s running out, evangelicals intend to shake the world. They seek instant redemption, immediate transformation.
Originally published 05/28/2014
Steven P. Miller
"In manifold ways, evangelicalism shaped the course of recent American history. Maybe we were all evangelicals, then."
- Steve Bannon Vows ‘War’ on His Own Party. It Didn’t Work So Well for F.D.R.
- Tom Hanks: 'If you're concerned about what's going on today, read history'
- 9.7-million-year-old teeth discovery in Germany could re-write human history
- Charleston's International African American Museum's big plans
- What’s inside the secret JFK assassination files?
- Presidential historian Michael Beschloss explains the significance of yesterday’s Bush-Obama attack on Trump
- Russian minister keeps doctorate despite plagiarism claims
- Thomas Childers says we’ve got the Nazis wrong in 5 different ways
- National security expert Tom Nichols: “Hey, I’m unstable” is a bad look for the president
- Fake news? It’s nothing new, says Trinity College Dublin historian