by Margaret O’Mara
Choices that Congress made decades ago allowed tech giants to become as powerful as they are.
by John Baick
He was Hillary, Bernie and Trump rolled into one.
SOURCE: The Daily Beast
by Mark K. Updegrove
They say past is prologue, and the waning days of the Johnson presidency are a lesson for President Obama in his upcoming Supreme Court fight.
by Gregory Sumner
The president of the United States has to be a Moral-Leader-in-Chief
When Did Police Start Looking Like Soldiers in a Combat Zone? No, You're Wrong. It Wasn't in the Aftermath of Iraq.
by Alex Elkins
Lyndon Johnson hitched his War on Poverty to a War on Crime that combined community outreach and “get-tough” policing.
by Leonard Steinhorn
The Gulf of Tonkin Resolution and the hubris behind it were the linchpins of Johnson’s Shakespearean Vietnam tragedy – and ours as well.
“It is all here: the story of our time — with the bark off."--LBJ
- Joe Biden is making a Supreme Court promise. Ronald Reagan did, too.
- Land Deed for Pioneering School Sheds Light on an Early American Anti-Slavery Effort
- Pathologizing Politics: Eugenics and Political Discourse in the Modern United States
- Behind Dover Publications’ eclectic 10,000-title catalog lies a remarkable story of 20th century innovation
- Could Never Bernie Make It a Contested Convention? Here's 4 Contested Conventions in Presidential Election History
- Historian Heidi Tworek Interviewed on the History Behind Coronavirus Racism
- Gordon Wood Reviews Mary Beth Norton's ‘1774’ for the Wall Street Journal
- Black Perspectives Reviews Black Banking and Women Financial Power Brokers
- A lost history, recovered: Faded records tell the story of school segregation in Virginia
- H.R. McMaster book `Battlegrounds’ coming out in April