by David Carlin
In the 20th Century’s first genocide, Imperial Germany’s campaign of annihilation provided precedents for the racial ideologies and exterminatory tactics of the Holocaust.
by Erik Moshe
"We must be able to see and write about the humanity in both our heroes and villains."
Scholar of African history says his Jewish background didn’t stop him from writing about Muslims and Africa
by Charles L. Geshekter
"If I were to single out two cohorts whose members disproportionately enhanced the exchanges in my classrooms, they would be military veterans and strong Christians."
SOURCE: The Conversation
by Glen Ncube
But it’s one that raises many questions.
by Pearl Duncan
It’s been said that one of the reasons the Ebola virus went out of control, undetected, is because so little attention is paid to Africa. Not only is little attention paid to issues in current Africa, but very little is known about African history.
SOURCE: Religion Dispatches
by Shannen Dee Williams
The controversy over NBC's live remake of "The Sound of Music," starring black actress Audra McDonald as the Mother Abbess.
SOURCE: Chronicle of Higher Education
by Greg Grandin
Historical fact and the fiction of 'Benito Cereno.'
- When Jim Crow Reigned Amid the Rubble of Nazi Germany
- Why Suburban American Homeowners Were Accused of Being a 'Profit-Making Cartel' in the 1970s
- Animals large and small once covered North America’s prairies – and in some places, they could again
- Library of Congress acquires major archive of African American photographer Shawn Walker
- A farm boy became a fearsome warrior at Iwo Jima. And he did it with a flamethrower.
- Trump and the Christians: Evangelical historian John Fea on decoding the great paradox
- Six historians weigh in on the biggest misconceptions about black history
- Renowned presidential historian Doris Kearns Goodwin finally takes on George Washington
- Legal Historian Jed Shugerman Says William Barr's Actions Are "Remarkably Not Normal"
- Historian Ruth Ben-Ghiat Quoted in Washington Post Article on Trump's Quest to Rewrite History