SOURCE: The Washington Post
by Associated Press
Redocumenting and recreating civil rights history in Montgomery, Alabama.
SOURCE: NY Times
Two cultural projects that examine the Alabama city’s role in the civil rights movement are drawing throngs of visitors and encouraging a surge of downtown construction.
SOURCE: New York Times
Three new markers will be unveiled in Montgomery, Alabama that describe the city's role in the slave trade.
- Samuel Chase: The one Supreme Court justice who has ever been impeached
- Maryland Commission Sets Out To Investigate State's Lynching History
- How Joe Biden has Historically Played a Role in Mass Incarceration in the United States
- Crazy Horse Monument to Native American History is Built on Controversy
- William F. Buckley Jr. vs. James Baldwin: A racial showdown on the American dream