SOURCE: National Geographic
Female soccer players have made great strides since the quadrennial tournament was first held in 1991. But the fight for equality continues.
The growth of women's soccer is a microcosm of the fight for gender equality.
by Eduardo Galeano
"These days, soccer fanaticism has come to occupy the place formerly reserved for religious fervor, patriotic ardor, and political passion."
SOURCE: Associated Press
Simunic and fans chanted a war call used by the Croatian Ustashe, pro-Nazi collaborators.
- Samuel Chase: The one Supreme Court justice who has ever been impeached
- Maryland Commission Sets Out To Investigate State's Lynching History
- How Joe Biden has Historically Played a Role in Mass Incarceration in the United States
- Crazy Horse Monument to Native American History is Built on Controversy
- William F. Buckley Jr. vs. James Baldwin: A racial showdown on the American dream