SOURCE: The Atlantic
Thea Hunter was a promising, brilliant scholar. And then she got trapped in academia’s permanent underclass.
by Lawrence S. Wittner
An adjunct teaching a full-time load makes roughly $20,000. Robert Zimmer, president of the University of Chicago, makes $3.4 million.
SOURCE: Chronicle of Higher Education
by Stacey Patton
The story of medievalist Melissa Bruninga-Matteau.
SOURCE: Champaign/Urbana News-Gazette
by David Austin Walsh
The Champaign/Urbana News-Gazette profiles efforts to organize non-tenure-track faculty at the University of Illinois.
- Historian Tom Engelhardt Revisits His First Piece of Critical History – 48 Years Later
- Heather Cox Richardson: Trump isn’t the first president to compare himself to Jesus — the last one who did ‘planned to lead his white supremacist supporters to victory’
- Historians' archival research looks quite different in the digital age
- Senate Historian Daniel S. Holt Featured on Political Theatre Podcast
- The Way We Do the Things We Do: Making History-Making Visible