SOURCE: The Conversation
by Aileen Teague
If Trump ever follows through on his threat and puts up a closed sign at the southern border, it wouldn’t be the first time. Twice in the last half-century the U.S. has tried to use the border to force Mexico to bend to America’s will.
by Robert T. C. Goodwin
Spanish Presidios and Mexican Leather-Jackets in 1772
by Elliott Young
While much of the coverage of immigration has focused on the Border Wall, we have forgotten that for over 100 years, most immigration restriction has happened beyond the borders of the United States.
- Samuel Chase: The one Supreme Court justice who has ever been impeached
- Maryland Commission Sets Out To Investigate State's Lynching History
- How Joe Biden has Historically Played a Role in Mass Incarceration in the United States
- Crazy Horse Monument to Native American History is Built on Controversy
- William F. Buckley Jr. vs. James Baldwin: A racial showdown on the American dream