by Jeffrey Kaplan
Trump's reaction to the tragedy in New Zealand and the series of domestic church and synagogue shootings bring to mind an earlier day and a very different president.
SOURCE: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
by Jonathon Zimmerman
Put simply, the fear of being flooded by foreign hordes is baked into our national DNA. And it all starts with the question of fertility.
SOURCE: The Atlantic
by Adam Serwer
Historically, they rely on murderous insincerity and the unwillingness of liberal societies to see them for what they are.
SOURCE: Washington Post
Brenton Tarrant covered his arsenal with symbols and names that medieval historians say are being misused by white supremacists.
Historians Ruth Ben-Ghait and Robert O. Paxton help us understand the tragedy through history.
- Samuel Chase: The one Supreme Court justice who has ever been impeached
- Maryland Commission Sets Out To Investigate State's Lynching History
- How Joe Biden has Historically Played a Role in Mass Incarceration in the United States
- Crazy Horse Monument to Native American History is Built on Controversy
- William F. Buckley Jr. vs. James Baldwin: A racial showdown on the American dream