SOURCE: The Conversation
Long before #MeToo, women in many parts of the world organized successful campaigns against sexual violence
by Alka Kurian
Women in countries such as India, Pakistan and others have long organized successful campaigns against sexual harassment.
SOURCE: Baltimore Sun
by Jonathan Zimmerman
Should we judge him by today's standards?
by Jim Sleeper
If we aren't careful the #MeToo movement could end up like other well-intentioned campaigns.
- The U.S. Deported a Million of Its Own Citizens to Mexico During the Great Depression
- Ted Cruz criticizes Tenn. governor for day honoring Confederate general and KKK leader
- Why Trump’s Census Play Is Blatantly Unconstitutional
- Japan, South Korea raise stakes in dispute over forced labor. History helps explain the conflict.
- The President Didn't Always Have Power Over Trade Deals
- A female historian wrote a book. Two male historians went on NPR to talk about it. They never mentioned her name. It’s Sarah Milov.
- Her Book in Limbo, Naomi Wolf Fights Back
- Louie Howland, editor and award-winning maritime historian, dies at 81
- ‘Uncharted Territory’: For Historians Navigating Online Hate, a Scholarly Association Offers a Map
- Smithsonian interested in obtaining migrant children's drawings depicting their time in US custody