Originally published 07/03/2017
At the Last Minute the ISIS Captor Had Lowered His Demands and We Had Rescued Fayza from Certain Death in Mosul
Brian Glyn Williams
One beautiful young Yazidi girl now had something that so many other sex slaves did not have, freedom and a chance to live her life.
- "I've studied the history of Confederate memorials. Here's what to do about them."
- Annette Gordon-Reed writes about why Jefferson matters more than ever after Charlottesville
- Harvard’s Maya Jasanoff vists the Congo and discovers people there probably live harder lives than they did 100 years ago when Joseph Conrad was there
- Eric Foner says in an interview that it’s not necessary to remove Confederate statues
- Philip Zelikow says the government should crack down on armed groups of militants