George Ball; JFK; LBJ; Obama
Originally published 11/12/2013
The John F. Kennedy taught in textbooks today is a Kennedy with warts and all.
Originally published 03/14/2017
There's No There There
I wrote this in early 2010 for The American Conservative, an anti-neocon magazine. Trump is simply awful but before Obama starts writing his memoirs, I want to remember him as I saw him then and continue seeing him as a failure in reshaping the way we conduct foreign affairs and continue our endless, pointless wars.
- The Daily Mail is highlighting claims by a Cambridge don that teachers are helping to foster resentment by presenting history as the struggle of minority groups
- Historians Are Calling Out Trump Online Whenever He Misreads the Past
- Linda Gordon’s new book captures how white supremacy has long been part of our political mainstream
- Yale Civil Rights history course is a "call to action" and a chance "to be woke”
- Gil Troy back’s Trump decision on Jerusalem