George Ball; JFK; LBJ; Obama
Originally published 11/12/2013
The John F. Kennedy taught in textbooks today is a Kennedy with warts and all.
Originally published 03/14/2017
There's No There There
I wrote this in early 2010 for The American Conservative, an anti-neocon magazine. Trump is simply awful but before Obama starts writing his memoirs, I want to remember him as I saw him then and continue seeing him as a failure in reshaping the way we conduct foreign affairs and continue our endless, pointless wars.
- What Robert E. Lee Wrote to The Times About Slavery in 1858
- ICC orders Mali extremist to pay $3.2 million in reparations
- Political Rage Over Statues? Old News in the Old World
- Deadly U.S. Embassy Bombing in Kenya Was ‘Avoidable,’ According to Scorching New Memoir
- There are certain moments in US history when Confederate monuments go up
- Eric Foner says in an interview that it’s not necessary to remove Confederate statues
- Philip Zelikow says the government should crack down on armed groups of militants
- Conservatives complain that a "Pro-gay U.S. embassy features ‘art’ by anti-Trump professor”
- N. D. B. Connolly says Charlottesville showed that liberalism can’t defeat white supremacy
- Historian William I. Hitchcock schools policymakers: Ike never threatened to use nukes in North Korea