Originally published 10/25/2017
The alt right is appropriating medieval studies and classical scholarship. What can academics do to stop them?
Originally published 09/07/2017
What we do – and do not – have to worry about.
Originally published 08/13/2017
Once again Donald Trump caters to the white racists who helped elect him.
Originally published 12/08/2016
Salon suggests Paul Gottfried, "a retired Jewish political historian,” was a founder of the Alt-Right
It was Gottfried who coined the term Alt-Right. (He also came up with Paleoconservative.)
Originally published 11/29/2016
How did the movement gain traction in recent years? And now that Trump has won, could the alt-right change the American political landscape?
- Robert Dallek: “The fish rots from the head”
- It’s Been 3 Decades Since There Were So Few Jobs for History Ph.D.s
- Former Berkeley Chancellor Nicholas Dirks returns to campus as a member of the history department
- Conservatives attack Garry Wills’s book on the Quran
- The Scholars Behind the Quest for Reparations