Originally published 09/06/2017
If Jeff Sessions Is Serious About Cracking Down on Immigration Law Violators, He’s Going to Have to Arrest Millions of American Citizens
Robert Brent Toplin
People who knowingly hire undocumented workers are also lawbreakers.
Originally published 01/09/2017
He prosecuted civil-rights activists in 1985, but his case fell apart.
Originally published 11/21/2016
Thomas J. Sugrue
How he fought to preserve Alabama’s long history of separate and unequal education.
- Robert Dallek: “The fish rots from the head”
- It’s Been 3 Decades Since There Were So Few Jobs for History Ph.D.s
- Former Berkeley Chancellor Nicholas Dirks returns to campus as a member of the history department
- Conservatives attack Garry Wills’s book on the Quran
- The Scholars Behind the Quest for Reparations