Originally published 01/06/2018
President Trump Wanted to Fire Attorney General Jeff Sessions for Not 'Protecting' Him. The Constitution Says That's OK.
The framers of the Constitution left voters to be the final check and balance on the president on this kind of decision.
Originally published 09/06/2017
If Jeff Sessions Is Serious About Cracking Down on Immigration Law Violators, He’s Going to Have to Arrest Millions of American Citizens
Robert Brent Toplin
People who knowingly hire undocumented workers are also lawbreakers.
Originally published 01/09/2017
He prosecuted civil-rights activists in 1985, but his case fell apart.
Originally published 11/21/2016
Thomas J. Sugrue
How he fought to preserve Alabama’s long history of separate and unequal education.
- ‘Make it right’: Descendants of slaves demand restitution from Georgetown
- See How Trump's Approval Rating Stacks Up Against Other Presidents After One Year
- Bayeux Tapestry to be displayed in Britain
- From prudish Victorians to arrows in the eye – 10 things from history everyone gets wrong
- State lawmaker files bill to remove Virginia's Robert E. Lee statue from U.S. Capitol
- George Will goes after liberal historian David Goldfield
- Stephen F. Cohen continues to berate Democrats for “demonizing Russia”
- Historian Taner Akçam’s new book includes "smoking gun" of Armenian Genocide
- Historian Antony Beevor “Astonished" At Ukraine Ban On His Best-Selling Book, “Stalingrad”
- Robert Caro says he’s reached 1966 in his next book on LBJ