Originally published 09/04/2017
The bloody and confusing history of an American holiday.
Originally published 08/31/2017
Timothy P. Lynch
It happened in Flint, Michigan 80 years ago. We should remember it today. It was American labor’s biggest victory of the 20th century.
Originally published 09/01/2016
It’s because she backed Labor Day – and the involvement of labor in elections.
Originally published 09/06/2010
News and commentary about the holiday.
- In Trump’s America, is the Supreme Court still seen as legitimate?
- The Republican Plan to Repeal Obamacare for Everybody But Alaska Might Be Unconstitutional
- Parliament Square in London Is Closer to Having First Female Statue
- Battle Over Confederate Monuments Moves to the Cemeteries
- German WW1 U-boat found off Belgian coast
- Yale history department now emphasizing global history in undergraduate courses
- University of Utah appoints first Mormon Studies professor
- Eric Foner discusses the manipulation of history
- Male historian tapped to lead Department of Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies at the University of Kansas
- Decline in History Majors Continues, Departments Respond