Originally published 09/04/2017
The bloody and confusing history of an American holiday.
Originally published 08/31/2017
Timothy P. Lynch
It happened in Flint, Michigan 80 years ago. We should remember it today. It was American labor’s biggest victory of the 20th century.
Originally published 09/01/2016
It’s because she backed Labor Day – and the involvement of labor in elections.
Originally published 09/06/2010
News and commentary about the holiday.
- Robert Dallek: “The fish rots from the head”
- It’s Been 3 Decades Since There Were So Few Jobs for History Ph.D.s
- Former Berkeley Chancellor Nicholas Dirks returns to campus as a member of the history department
- Conservatives attack Garry Wills’s book on the Quran
- The Scholars Behind the Quest for Reparations