History News Network
100 South King Street Suite 425
Seattle, WA 98104
Rick Shenkman: Publisher &
John Stucky: Production Editor
Judd Bundy: Lead Web Engineer
Jonathan Dresner: Assistant Editor
Robin Lindley: Features Editor
Walter Moss: Contributing Editor
Book Department Editors
Tiffany April Griffin
Our Governing Board
The History News Network is a non-profit corporation registered in Washington State. The IRS has granted the organization status as a 501(c)(3) charity. All donations to HNN are tax deductible. These are the members of our Board of Directors:
Our Advisory Board
Emeritus professor of history at the University of Notre Dame and the author of Crossings: The Great Transatlantic Migrations (1720-1830)
Professor of history at McGill University and the author of See How They Ran: The Changing Role of the Presidential Candidate and Affairs of State: The Rise and Rejection of the Presidential Couple Since World War II.
Professor of history at Harvard and the author of A Consumers' Republic: The Politics of Mass Consumption in Postwar America (Knopf, 2003), Making a New Deal: Industrial Workers in Chicago, 1919-1939 and co-author of The American Pageant, a college U.S. history text.
Co-founder of the History News Service and author of Being a Historian: An Introduction to the Professional World of History (Cambridge University Press).
Professor of Communications, American University and co-author of By the Color of Our Skin.
Eugene C. Barker Centennial Professor Emeritus in American history at the University of Texas at Austin and author of The Modern American Presidency.
HNN takes the privacy of our readers seriously. The only information we collect from our users is the email address they use to subscribe to our newsletters. We do not collect information about the choices individual users make on the site. We do not leave cookies on their computers to track their online behavior.
- Before Ivanka Trump, other presidential daughters also wielded influence at the White House
- South Carolina Republican: scrap slave memorial if Confederate monument goes
- A 130,000-Year-Old Mastodon Threatens to Upend Human History
- Trump just promised the biggest tax cut in history
- An African Diaspora group at Columbia University draped a KKK hood over Thomas Jefferson
- Accused plagiarist Matthew Whitaker wins arbitration case against City of Phoenix over police contract
- Niall Ferguson says the liberal international order has passed its peak
- Nathaniel Philbrick wins the $50,000 2017 George Washington Prize
- In an interview Jill Lepore explains how she writes and the writers she admires most
- Trump is no Hitler – he’s a Mussolini, says Oxford historian