History News Network
100 South King Street Suite 425
Seattle, WA 98104
Rick Shenkman: Publisher &
John Stucky: Production Editor
Judd Bundy: Lead Web Engineer
Jonathan Dresner: Assistant Editor
Robin Lindley: Features Editor
Walter Moss: Contributing Editor
Book Department Editors
Tiffany April Griffin
Our Governing Board
The History News Network is a non-profit corporation registered in Washington State. The IRS has granted the organization status as a 501(c)(3) charity. All donations to HNN are tax deductible. These are the members of our Board of Directors:
Our Advisory Board
Past president of the American Historical Association and the Organization of American Historians; professor of history at UCLA and the author of Liberalism and Republicanism in the Historical Imagination.
Emeritus professor of history at the University of Notre Dame and the author of Crossings: The Great Transatlantic Migrations (1720-1830)
Professor of history at McGill University and the author of See How They Ran: The Changing Role of the Presidential Candidate and Affairs of State: The Rise and Rejection of the Presidential Couple Since World War II.
Professor of history at Harvard and the author of A Consumers' Republic: The Politics of Mass Consumption in Postwar America (Knopf, 2003), Making a New Deal: Industrial Workers in Chicago, 1919-1939 and co-author of The American Pageant, a college U.S. history text.
Co-founder of the History News Service and author of Being a Historian: An Introduction to the Professional World of History (Cambridge University Press).
Professor of Communications, American University and co-author of By the Color of Our Skin.
Eugene C. Barker Centennial Professor Emeritus in American history at the University of Texas at Austin and author of The Modern American Presidency.
HNN takes the privacy of our readers seriously. The only information we collect from our users is the email address they use to subscribe to our newsletters. We do not collect information about the choices individual users make on the site. We do not leave cookies on their computers to track their online behavior.
- Should a slave-era song be used as a sports UK soccer chant?
- Black Georgetown Employee Found Out the School Sold His Great-Great-Great Grandmother
- E.U. Is Turning 60 and Searching for Something to Celebrate
- The Most Controversial Psych Study Is Repeated — Same Weird Result
- A new book explores the stunning revelation that Hemingway spied for the USSR
- Christopher Lasch, the late historian/social commentator, is suddenly everywhere
- Harvard art historian’s interest in black history has roots in her grandfather’s question in high school
- Human History ‘Will End When Men Become Gods’
- Yale’s Timothy Snyder explains to Bill Maher how Trump resembles 1930s fascists — and makes the Russia connection
- China Bars Historian at Australian University From Leaving, Lawyer Says