History News Network
100 South King Street Suite 425
Seattle, WA 98104
Rick Shenkman: Publisher &
John Stucky: Production Editor
Judd Bundy: Lead Web Engineer
Jonathan Dresner: Assistant Editor
Robin Lindley: Features Editor
Yoni Anijar: Features Editor
Erik Moshe: Features Editor
Walter Moss: Contributing Editor
Book Department Editors
Ron Briley: Senior Book Editor
HNN Travel Program
Tiffany April Griffin
Our Governing Board
The History News Network is a non-profit corporation registered in Washington State. The IRS has granted the organization status as a 501(c)(3) charity. All donations to HNN are tax deductible. These are the members of our Board of Directors:
David Bruce Smith
Our Advisory Board
Emeritus professor of history at the University of Notre Dame and the author of Crossings: The Great Transatlantic Migrations (1720-1830)
Professor of history at McGill University and the author of See How They Ran: The Changing Role of the Presidential Candidate and Affairs of State: The Rise and Rejection of the Presidential Couple Since World War II.
Professor of history at Harvard and the author of A Consumers' Republic: The Politics of Mass Consumption in Postwar America (Knopf, 2003), Making a New Deal: Industrial Workers in Chicago, 1919-1939 and co-author of The American Pageant, a college U.S. history text.
Co-founder of the History News Service and author of Being a Historian: An Introduction to the Professional World of History (Cambridge University Press).
Professor of Communications, American University and co-author of By the Color of Our Skin.
Eugene C. Barker Centennial Professor Emeritus in American history at the University of Texas at Austin and author of The Modern American Presidency.
HNN takes the privacy of our readers seriously. The only information we collect from our users is the email address they use to subscribe to our newsletters. We do not collect information about the choices individual users make on the site. We do not leave cookies on their computers to track their online behavior.
- In Trump’s America, is the Supreme Court still seen as legitimate?
- The Republican Plan to Repeal Obamacare for Everybody But Alaska Might Be Unconstitutional
- Parliament Square in London Is Closer to Having First Female Statue
- Battle Over Confederate Monuments Moves to the Cemeteries
- German WW1 U-boat found off Belgian coast
- Yale history department now emphasizing global history in undergraduate courses
- University of Utah appoints first Mormon Studies professor
- Eric Foner discusses the manipulation of history
- Male historian tapped to lead Department of Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies at the University of Kansas
- Decline in History Majors Continues, Departments Respond