Institution: Organization of American Historians
The Organization of American Historians (located at Indiana University in Bloomington, Indiana), the largest professional association devoted to the teaching, research, and presentation of United States history, seeks a new Executive Director. The director oversees the administrative offices of the Organization and will work as an advocate for American history more broadly. The OAH claims over 7,000 members, a staff of fifteen, and an annual budget of more than two million dollars. The Annual Meeting of the Organization is the largest and most diverse gathering of his ...
Posted Jun 14th 2019
- Abraham Lincoln’s Leap From a Window, and 4 Other Ways Lawmakers Have Fled Votes
- Fact-checking Trump's false US history lesson on debt, tariffs and building highways with 'CASH'
- The Stonewall of the South That History Forgot
- Was Abraham Lincoln an Atheist?
- ‘A kind of creeping oppression’: Anne Frank’s haunting newly published letters to her grandmother
- Kevin Kruse Discuses Revisionist History on the Bulwark Podcast
- Leading historians and academics to launch five-year project to chronicle the UK's history dating back to 1603
- Holocaust historians divided over Warsaw ghetto museum
- The Holocaust Survivor Who Deciphered Nazi Doublespeak
- Peter Selz, Curator and Art Historian Committed to the New, Is Dead at 100