Postdoctoral Instructorship in History
The Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences at the California Institute of Technology invites applications for a two-year Postdoctoral Instructorship in History beginning Fall 2018. Areas of Specialization: American Political History and/or American Race Relations. The successful candidate will be expected to teach three undergraduate courses per year (quarter system). The appointment is contingent upon completion of the Ph.D.
Interested candidates should electronically submit a letter of application, three letters of recommendation, a CV, and a writing sample of no more than 25 pages at http://www.hss.caltech.edu/content/pdi-ah Candidates unable to apply electronically may send these materials to: Chair, American History Postdoc Search, Caltech, HSS 228-77, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA.
Deadline for applications is November 15, 2017.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Approximate Start Date:
Sep 1st 2018
Sep 26th 2017
California Institute of Technology – Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences
- The JFK Document Dump Could Be a Fiasco Say These Two scholars
- The book Mattis reads to be prepared for war with North Korea
- Civil War’s legacy hangs over a plaque honoring Confederate soldiers
- Confederate statues still stand in rural Virginia
- Advocates are starting to push for LGBTQ history to be taught in public schools
- Historian Keri Leigh Merritt defends activist scholars
- Historian digs into the hidden world of Mormon finances
- A historian who became a business professor?
- Allan Lichtman's response to critics of his book that makes the case for Trump’s impeachment
- "Do We Have To Fight Nazis Again?” asks historian Paul Ortiz