Postdoctoral Instructorship in History
The Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences at the California Institute of Technology invites applications for a two-year Postdoctoral Instructorship in History beginning Fall 2018. Areas of Specialization: American Political History and/or American Race Relations. The successful candidate will be expected to teach three undergraduate courses per year (quarter system). The appointment is contingent upon completion of the Ph.D.
Interested candidates should electronically submit a letter of application, three letters of recommendation, a CV, and a writing sample of no more than 25 pages at http://www.hss.caltech.edu/content/pdi-ah Candidates unable to apply electronically may send these materials to: Chair, American History Postdoc Search, Caltech, HSS 228-77, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA.
Deadline for applications is November 15, 2017.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Approximate Start Date:
Sep 1st 2018
Sep 26th 2017
California Institute of Technology – Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences
- Karen L. Cox says historians shouldn’t be afraid to embrace YouTube to reach millennials
- You Know Your History? These Podcasts Aren’t So Sure.
- Victor Davis Hanson says Trump Must "Retire as Twitter Champ”
- The Daily Mail is highlighting claims by a Cambridge don that teachers are helping to foster resentment by presenting history as the struggle of minority groups
- Historians Are Calling Out Trump Online Whenever He Misreads the Past