HNN depends on the generosity of its community of readers. If you like HNN please consider making a donation today!
HNN provides multiple ways to make a donation:
One way is to make a donation online through PayPal using the link above. When you are taken to the PayPal page just place your cursor on the last zero on the right margin and type in the amount you'd like to pay.
Another way to donate is through Fundly using the form conveniently supplied below.
Or: You can send us a check using old-fashioned snail mail:
History News Network
100 South King Street
Seattle, WA 98104
HNN is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit. ALL DONATIONS ARE TAX DEDUCTIBLE! All you have to do to satisfy Uncle Sam is keep a record of your transaction: a bank or credit card statement is sufficient.
"I find the History News Network indispensable for keeping up with new publications and new interpretations, and keeping track of debates over history, in both its academic and public forms, throughout the world." — Eric Foner
"As its wide coverage and its impressive numbers of hits-per-week indicate, HNN has become the most important -- and reliable -- source for fresh historical interpretation and, of special note, for the understanding of current events placed, often provocatively, in their historical contexts." — Walter LaFeber
- Mark Twain Claimed He Got His Pen Name From a Riverboat Captain
- The story of the slave trade’s last survivor
- UFO Toy Discontinued for Teaching Kids That Nazis Could Travel in Space
- Psychologists say memorials to lynching victims help their African-American descendants
- Posters, Banners, Boarding Passes: Museums Try to Get a Head Start on History
- Daniel Pipes predicts chaos in the Middle East as countries turn away from fossil fuels
- Stanley Fish says historians are deluded in thinking their training gives them special insights in politics that should be passed on to students (and others)
- Guest historian this week: Paul Krugman, the economist!
- US Senator (and historian) Ben Sasse has denounced the policy of separating children from parents at the border
- Randall Stephens predicts most evangelicals will probably fail to come to grips with Trump’s cynical manipulations, his divisive, culture-war grandstanding, his philandering, and his lying