How Hudson Stuck's Ascent of Denali Boosted Recognition of Indigenous AlaskansBooks
tags: Native American history, Alaska, Denali, conservation, missionaries
Patrick Dean is the author of A Window to Heaven: The Daring First Ascent of Denali, America's Wildest Peak. He writes on the outdoors, outdoor athletes, and the environment. He has worked as a teacher, a political media director, and is presently the executive director of a rail-trail nonprofit.
comments powered by Disqus
- Teaching in the Age of Disinformation
- Alan Canfora, Who Carried Wounds From Kent State, Dies at 71
- Archivists Are Mining Parler Metadata to Pinpoint Crimes at the Capitol
- ‘World’s Greatest Athlete’ Jim Thorpe Was Wronged by Bigotry. The IOC Must Correct the Record
- Black Southerners are Wielding Political Power that was Denied their Parents and Grandparents
- New Revelations about Trump’s Cruelty Demand a Bigger Response
- One Nation, Indivisible: Really? Forever?
- Trump's Last Year In Office Will Define His Legacy, Historians Say
- How a Historian Got Close, Maybe Too Close, to a Nazi Thief
- My Grandfather was a Nazi. Our Family's Story of Complicity Shows Where the Road to Extremism Leads