New Senator Tuberville Seems to Lack Basic Knowledge of World War IIBreaking News
tags: Senate, Alabama, World War 2, historical ignorance
Tommy Tuberville may have gotten an “A” from Alabama voters Tuesday night, but likely earned an “F” from history teachers.
Tuberville described how his father was a part of “liberating Paris from socialism and communism.”
Americans liberated France from German Nazis – facists, not socialists, nor communists.
It wasn’t his first “historic” gaffe. During the campaign, Jones criticized Tuberville for not knowing what the Voting Rights Act was.
comments powered by Disqus
- Teaching in the Age of Disinformation
- Alan Canfora, Who Carried Wounds From Kent State, Dies at 71
- Archivists Are Mining Parler Metadata to Pinpoint Crimes at the Capitol
- ‘World’s Greatest Athlete’ Jim Thorpe Was Wronged by Bigotry. The IOC Must Correct the Record
- Black Southerners are Wielding Political Power that was Denied their Parents and Grandparents
- New Revelations about Trump’s Cruelty Demand a Bigger Response
- One Nation, Indivisible: Really? Forever?
- Trump's Last Year In Office Will Define His Legacy, Historians Say
- How a Historian Got Close, Maybe Too Close, to a Nazi Thief
- My Grandfather was a Nazi. Our Family's Story of Complicity Shows Where the Road to Extremism Leads