The Memo: Trump Lags in Polls as Crises PressHistorians in the News
tags: Republican Party, political conventions, Donald Trump, 2020 Election
For Trump, one danger is that he is seen as unable to get the country under control.
Many experts are sure this spells trouble, and maybe electoral doom, for Trump.
Allan Lichtman, a history professor at American University and one of the few prominent observers to predict Trump’s 2016 victory, said the president is “really in much worse shape than he was five months ago.”
Referring to the cumulative effects of COVID-19, economic disruption and social unrest, Lichtman added that, for Trump, “there will be an electoral price to be paid for what is going on in the country.”
The poll that drew Trump’s ire on Monday showed Biden leading the president 53 percent to 43 percent among registered voters. Two months previously, Biden’s edge in a poll from the same organizations had been just 2 points, 49 percent to 47 percent.
comments powered by Disqus
- Do American Indians Celebrate the 4th of July?
- Trump Vows To Veto Defense Bill If It Removes Confederate Names From Military Bases
- Fourth of July: Beer’s Patriotic Connection to the Founding Fathers
- Calls for ‘The Star-Spangled Banner’ to be Replaced With a New US National Anthem
- As Young People Drive Infection Spikes, College Faculty Members Fight For The Right To Teach Remotely
- The Day the White Working Class Turned Republican (Review)
- David Starkey Criticised over Slavery Comments
- ‘A Conflicted Cultural Force’: What It’s Like to Be Black in Publishing
- Did Rutgers Find The Perfect President For 2020? Meet Jonathan Holloway, Black Historian.
- In Search of King David’s Lost Empire