Free Speech on Campus: Interviews with Carla Hesse and Jonathan Scott HollowayHistorians in the News
tags: free speech, bias, Truth
An interview with Carla Hesse and Jonathan Scott Holloway. Hesse is Dean of Social Sciences and a professor of history at UC Berkeley. Holloway is the Provost and a professor of history at Northwestern University.
They were interviewed by the History News Network's Erik Moshe on January 5, 2018 at the annual meeting of the American Historical Association, where they appeared on the panel, "Free Speech on Campus."
comments powered by Disqus
- Why more places are abandoning Columbus Day in favor of Indigenous Peoples’ Day
- Rudy Giuliani comparing impeachment to the Salem witch trials is a little right and a lot wrong, expert says
- U.N. Report Bolsters Theory That Hammarskjold Plane Was Downed
- Panama celebrates its black Christ, part of protest against colonialism and slavery
- Fundamentalism turns 100, a landmark for the Christian Right
- Labor Historian Staughton Lynd's Book Is Embraced by Google Workers and Uber Drivers
- Rick Perry recommended former ambassador, historian Daniel Yergin for Ukraine reforms-U.S. Energy Dept
- Ginsburg predicts historians will call this political era an 'aberration'
- American Historical Association Announces 2019 Prize Winners
- A New History Celebrates Brooklyn’s Heights, and Depths Image