Battle Over Confederate Monuments Moves to the CemeteriesBreaking News
tags: cemeteries, Confederate Monuments
Related Link HNN's Full Coverage of Charlottesville News
One by one, Confederate monuments are coming down from their perches in front of courthouses, in public squares, along city boulevards.
Now opponents to the memorials are looking through cemetery gates for more.
Local officials and residents, outraged by the violence in Charlottesville, Va., last month and determined to clear their cities of markers that glorify the Confederacy, are pushing for the removal of Confederate monuments that have adorned the graves of soldiers for decades.
comments powered by Disqus
- Karen L. Cox says historians shouldn’t be afraid to embrace YouTube to reach millennials
- You Know Your History? These Podcasts Aren’t So Sure.
- Victor Davis Hanson says Trump Must "Retire as Twitter Champ”
- The Daily Mail is highlighting claims by a Cambridge don that teachers are helping to foster resentment by presenting history as the struggle of minority groups
- Historians Are Calling Out Trump Online Whenever He Misreads the Past