Congressional members attacked more than 21 times in American historyBreaking News
Congressional members have been attacked at least 21 other times since 1789, according to a report compiled in 2011 by the Congressional Research Service.
Here are details on many of those incidents:
Rep. Gabrielle Giffords was targeted in a shooting carried out by Jared Lee Loughner, a 22-year-old currently serving life in prison. The incident left six people dead, including John M. Roll, the chief justice for the U.S. District Court for Arizona and a 9-year-old girl, according to The New York Times’ report that day.
comments powered by Disqus
- New book says amount of mustard gas exposure in World War II may be higher than acknowledged by government
- Canada’s Secret to Resisting the West’s Populist Wave
- Trump’s travel ban is built on a law meant to ‘protect’ the U.S. from Jews and communists
- The Time to Retrieve Time’s Time Capsule Is at Hand
- Manassas church opens restored slave cabin to the public
- John B. Boles wants students to know more about Jefferson than that he was a slaveholder
- Historian Daniel K. Williams says Democrats have a religion problem
- Bill O’Reilly – America’s best-selling “historian” – ridiculed in Harper’s for writing bad history
- Largest history festival is the UK criticized for being white and male
- Eric Foner doesn’t think much of a book that claims Lincoln moved slowly to emancipate blacks because he was a racist