Congressional members attacked more than 21 times in American historyBreaking News
Congressional members have been attacked at least 21 other times since 1789, according to a report compiled in 2011 by the Congressional Research Service.
Here are details on many of those incidents:
Rep. Gabrielle Giffords was targeted in a shooting carried out by Jared Lee Loughner, a 22-year-old currently serving life in prison. The incident left six people dead, including John M. Roll, the chief justice for the U.S. District Court for Arizona and a 9-year-old girl, according to The New York Times’ report that day.
comments powered by Disqus
- Karen L. Cox says historians shouldn’t be afraid to embrace YouTube to reach millennials
- You Know Your History? These Podcasts Aren’t So Sure.
- Victor Davis Hanson says Trump Must "Retire as Twitter Champ”
- The Daily Mail is highlighting claims by a Cambridge don that teachers are helping to foster resentment by presenting history as the struggle of minority groups
- Historians Are Calling Out Trump Online Whenever He Misreads the Past