Congressional members attacked more than 21 times in American historyBreaking News
Congressional members have been attacked at least 21 other times since 1789, according to a report compiled in 2011 by the Congressional Research Service.
Here are details on many of those incidents:
Rep. Gabrielle Giffords was targeted in a shooting carried out by Jared Lee Loughner, a 22-year-old currently serving life in prison. The incident left six people dead, including John M. Roll, the chief justice for the U.S. District Court for Arizona and a 9-year-old girl, according to The New York Times’ report that day.
comments powered by Disqus
- Documents: U.S. Embassy Tracked Indonesia Mass Murder 1965
- Tufts Project Maps The Landmarks Of Black Boston
- Asp – or ash? Climate historians link Cleopatra's demise to volcanic eruption
- The JFK Document Dump Could Be a Fiasco Say These Two Scholars
- The book Mattis reads to be prepared for war with North Korea
- Digital map helps historians get granular with holocaust research
- Historian Keri Leigh Merritt defends activist scholars
- Historian digs into the hidden world of Mormon finances
- A historian who became a business professor?
- Allan Lichtman's response to critics of his book that makes the case for Trump’s impeachment