Video of the Week: Pierre L'Enfant's great design for WashingtonRoundup
tags: Washington, Video of the Week, Pierre LEnfant
The United States and France have been friends for more than 200 years. Americans and French have stood next to each other on the battlefields -- starting with the Revolutionary War fighting for freedom and democracy. In 1886 France gave us the Statue of Liberty, one of our most famous icons. And, it was a Frenchman, Pierre Charles L'Enfant, who helped create our capital city.
comments powered by Disqus
- Historians plead with Trump not to block the release of final stash of JFK assassination documents
- Historian and Novelist Thomas Fleming Has Passed Away at Age 90
- Steven Salaita, Whose Revoked Job Offer Inflamed Higher Ed, Says He’s Leaving Academe
- When did higher education become partisan?
- One reason H.R. McMaster and Trump don't have a close relationship