'World's first newspaper published in Korea in 1557'Breaking News
Did Korea publish the first newspaper?
One Buddhist monk believes so. Jibong, 52, from the Yonghwa Temple in Yeongcheon, North Gyeongsang Province, says he has copies of the world's oldest daily newspaper, published in 1557.
Until now, the oldest was believed to be German daily Einkommende Zeitungen, whose first issue dates to 1660.
The monk said he has five issues of "Jobo" -- which translates into "morning news" -- dated Nov. 6, 15, 19, 23 and 24, 1577, in the lunar calendar.
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian Daniel K. Williams says Democrats have a religion problem
- Bill O’Reilly – America’s best-selling “historian” – ridiculed in Harper’s for writing bad history
- Largest history festival is the UK criticized for being white and male
- Eric Foner doesn’t think much of a book that claims Lincoln moved slowly to emancipate blacks because he was a racist
- Harvard's Moshik Temkin pens op ed in the NYT warning historians not to use analogies