'World's first newspaper published in Korea in 1557'Breaking News
Did Korea publish the first newspaper?
One Buddhist monk believes so. Jibong, 52, from the Yonghwa Temple in Yeongcheon, North Gyeongsang Province, says he has copies of the world's oldest daily newspaper, published in 1557.
Until now, the oldest was believed to be German daily Einkommende Zeitungen, whose first issue dates to 1660.
The monk said he has five issues of "Jobo" -- which translates into "morning news" -- dated Nov. 6, 15, 19, 23 and 24, 1577, in the lunar calendar.
comments powered by Disqus
- The Daily Mail is highlighting claims by a Cambridge don that teachers are helping to foster resentment by presenting history as the struggle of minority groups
- Historians Are Calling Out Trump Online Whenever He Misreads the Past
- Linda Gordon’s new book captures how white supremacy has long been part of our political mainstream
- Yale Civil Rights history course is a "call to action" and a chance "to be woke”
- Gil Troy back’s Trump decision on Jerusalem