A brief history of the National Endowment for the ArtsBreaking News
President Trump's first federal budget proposal is targeting the National Endowment for the Arts, threatening to cease funding to the agency and similar organizations, such as the National Endowment for the Humanities, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting and the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
It's not the first time the NEA has been at the center of our culture wars.
Here's a timeline of the agency's accomplishments and controversies and previous attempts to shut it down...
comments powered by Disqus
- The Most Controversial Psych Study Is Repeated — Same Weird Result
- A new book explores the stunning revelation that Hemingway spied for the USSR
- A President’s Restless Corpse May Be on the Move Again in Tennessee
- How China and the U.S. might collide — or not
- Major Viking Age Archaeological Find Discovered in Denmark
- The New York Times celebrates biographer Richard Holmes
- Historians are in demand! (On cruise ships)
- Douglas Brinkley says there’s a "smell of treason in the air"
- Mary Maples Dunn, Advocate of Women’s Colleges and President of Smith, Dies at 85
- Gil Troy says Jews and Israelis are the victims of a “Hate Swarm”