15 stunning photos that show how Paris has changed since World War IIRoundup
tags: Paris, WW II
Seventy years ago this month, the Allied forces defeated the Nazis. How have things changed since then?
Parisian-based artist Julien Knez spent two months trying to answer that question. After assembling a number of historic images of the liberation of the French capital, he tried to find the places and angles from where the photos were taken.
"It was very intense to imagine the fights in the streets I know as a Parisian," Knez wrote in an e-mail. He allowed WorldViews to republish some of his collages. You can go to his blog Golem13 to view more photos. ...
comments powered by Disqus
- Smithsonian Taps N.Y. Cultural Director To Lead African American Museum
- Unredacted FBI Document Sheds New Light on White Supremacist Infiltration of Law Enforcement
- America Is About to Enter its Years of Lead
- The forgotten alliance between Black activists and China
- Harry Reid on the Senate, the Supreme Court, and a Time for Major Change