One in five Britons thinks the country fought Hitler in World War IBreaking News
tags: Hitler, World War I, UK
Nearly one in five Britons thinks the country became involved in the First World War to stop the rise of Nazi Germany, according to a survey.
Eighteen per cent of those polled mistakenly believed the UK entered into the conflict in 1914 to halt the group which was led by Adolf Hitler in the Second World War.
The research also found that 17% thought the dictator was the leader of Germany at the time of the First World War.
comments powered by Disqus
- The War (Not The Flu) That Saved The World Series
- ‘Unworthy Republic’ Takes an Unflinching Look at Indian Removal in the 1830s
- The Unlikely Story Behind Japanese Americans' Campaign For Reparations
- The U.S. Government Has Mobilized Private Companies to Face Crises Before. Here’s What to Know
- A Side Effect of Remote Teaching During Covid-19? Videos That Can Be Weaponized