Historian Running for Congress in KansasHistorians in the News
tags: Congress, Kansas, Jim Sherow
A Kansas State University history professor and former Manhattan mayor has filed for the Democratic primary in the state's 1st Congressional District.
Jim Sherow (shuh-ROH') filed the paperwork Wednesday to put his name on the Aug. 5 ballot. The seat is currently held by conservative Republican Rep. Tim Huelskamp, who is seeking a third term.
comments powered by Disqus
- Karen L. Cox says historians shouldn’t be afraid to embrace YouTube to reach millennials
- You Know Your History? These Podcasts Aren’t So Sure.
- Victor Davis Hanson says Trump Must "Retire as Twitter Champ”
- The Daily Mail is highlighting claims by a Cambridge don that teachers are helping to foster resentment by presenting history as the struggle of minority groups
- Historians Are Calling Out Trump Online Whenever He Misreads the Past