TN ban on renaming Civil War parks passes over Dems' objectionsBreaking News
tags: South, Confederacy, Tennessee, Democrats, Republicans
Legislation that would prevent the renaming or moving of war-related monuments in Tennessee passed the state House last night. The bill comes as city officials in Memphis have renamed three Confederate-themed parks.
Democrats tried to get the bill’s sponsor – Republican Steve McDaniel – to admit he was responding to the name changes in Memphis, which he denied.
Rep. Johnnie Turner asked what if Jews hadn’t been allowed to tear down Nazi statues....
comments powered by Disqus
- The War (Not The Flu) That Saved The World Series
- ‘Unworthy Republic’ Takes an Unflinching Look at Indian Removal in the 1830s
- The Unlikely Story Behind Japanese Americans' Campaign For Reparations
- The U.S. Government Has Mobilized Private Companies to Face Crises Before. Here’s What to Know
- A Side Effect of Remote Teaching During Covid-19? Videos That Can Be Weaponized